Why We Give
Creation belongs to God and we are simply managing His resources while here on earth. A Christian’s management of God’s resources is motivated by His unconditional love for us in Jesus Christ.
Through our tithes and offerings, we demonstrate our love for God and our neighbors in a tangible way. We encourage our members to commit their tithes and offerings for the support of our ministry and mission.
We believe that giving to God’s work is an act of worship. As such, we do not specify how much an individual should give, but we hope each person will commit a percentage of their income and increase that amount as they are able.
We offer 3 convenient ways for you to support the work of Bethlehem Lutheran Church with your tithes and offerings. You may utilize a combination of any or all!
- Online through this page or the Give+ mobile app
- Simply Giving Direct Debit Program (regular recurring withdrawals)
- During worship services through the offering plate
Giving Statements are distributed at the end of each quarter and annually by January 31 and includes all tax-deductible giving to Bethlehem Lutheran Church and Guiding Star Preschool.
A statement may be requested when considering your end-of-year gifts by contacting the Financial Secretary or Erika in the Church Office.
Making Donations Online or through the Give+ Church Mobile App
It’s easy to make one-time or recurring donations with your credit or debit card. Donate as a guest or set up an account to securely and conveniently manage, schedule, and review donations.
iPhone and Android users can make a contribution to Bethlehem Lutheran Church through a mobile app—just download Give+ Church for free from the Apple Store or Google Play. Search for “give plus church” or “give +” to quickly find and start using the app.
Simply Giving Direct Debit Program
Bethlehem Lutheran Church participates in the Simply Giving program offered by Thrivent Financial for Lutherans® and is a service offered at no cost to the participant. Through Simply Giving, your tithes, offerings, and gifts can be made to Bethlehem through electronic funds transfer (EFT). You determine the frequency of your automatic gift – weekly, semi-monthly, or monthly. If you travel, this is particularly helpful in keeping up with your intended offerings.
The Simply Giving authorization form, simple and easy-to-use, is available in the Document Library or the information wall by the mailboxes. Use it to begin or change the amount of your electronic contribution. Contact Erika in the Church Office at (816) 322-3606 for more details.
Give+ Quick Facts
- You are not charged to make donations. You will be given the option to pay for the fees associated with a credit or debit card transaction.
- When you open the Give+ app, you’ll be prompted to enter the name of our church—enter Bethlehem Lutheran and then select our church from the list. Bethlehem will become your ‘home’ or ‘default’ church, so the next time you open the app, Bethlehem will already be displayed.
- Give+ donations can be made with Discover, Visa, and MasterCard credit and debit cards as well as checking and savings accounts.
- You may make one-time donations as a guest; however, creating an account allows you to access several convenient Give+ features: you can securely store your card information to quickly make future donations, set up recurring donations, and review your giving history.
- To create a Give+ account, you will be asked to enter your email address and create a password. If using the free app, you will select whether to log in with your device’s Touch ID or create a PIN. An email will be sent to you to verify your email address. Click on the link sent to you via email and you’re finished! Be sure to sign in each time you make a donation for it to be included in your history.
- If you are logged into your Give+ account or enter your email address when completing a guest donation, you will receive a receipt via email. Emailed receipts will be sent from email@example.com.
- Your donation is processed through Vanco Payment Solutions, which meets or exceeds all industry standards to safeguard your data.
If you have questions at any time, please contact the Church Office.